DIRECTORATE OF UNDERGRADUATE STUDIES (DUS)
OVERVIEW OF THE DUS
Directorate of Undergraduate studies is an existing entity in Moshi Co-operative University since 2014. It is designed to coordinate all matters related to processing undergraduate student’s admission and registration, managing the conduct of examinations, and issuing of certificates, as well as facilitating and coordinating undergraduate students’ field attachments and research.
The DUS Office is tasked to perform the following core duties and responsibilities:
- Co-ordination, development, review and implementation of undergraduate degree, diploma and certificate curricula;
- Preparation and review of Academic Catalogue;
- Ensuring delivery of quality undergraduate programmes;
- Promotion of interdisciplinary collaboration at undergraduate level;
- Facilitating coherence and optimal resource use with regards to training;
- Development of methods of evaluating the effectiveness of teaching and learning;
- Formulation and review of course scheduling and time-tabling;
- Co-ordination of rules and regulations formulated by the Departments, Faculties, Schools or Institutes governing the undergraduate degree and diploma programmes; and certificate curricula.
LEADERSHI AND MANAGEMENT
The Directorate is composed of three units which are Admissions, Examination and Timetabling and Field Attachment and Research.Admissions Unit;
under DUS office this Unit is tasked with the following duties and responsibilities:
To coordinate students’ admission and registration activities,
To manage students’ Help Desk,
To formulate and review policies and procedures for introducing new academic programmes and courses at the University,
To coordinate marketing programmes for MoCU undergraduate programmes.
The duties and responsibilities of this Unit include the following:
To prepare the University teaching and examination timetables
To monitor the conduct of University Examinations
To assist faculties/Institutes to coordinate Undergraduate Examinations and preparation of respective budgets.
This Unit acts as the custodian of students’ field attachments and research activities. The following are the duties and responsibilities of the Unit:
To assist faculties/Institutes to coordinate undergraduate field attachments/research projects and preparation of respective budgets.
To appraise research and field attachment operation environment and advise the DVC Academic accordingly
Staffs under DUS Office
- Leonard N. Ngailo (Director)
- Oscar Mgaya (Head Field Attachment and Research Unit)
- Lucas, Ernest Hizza (Head Admission Unit)
- Deusdedith M. Youze (Head Examination and Timetabling)