The Moshi Co-operative University (MoCU) is a result of transforming Moshi
University College of Co-operative and Business Studies (MUCCoBS) into a fully-fledged University in 2014.
Ten years earlier (in 2004), the then Moshi Co-operative College was transformed into Moshi University College
of Co-operative and Business Studies (MUCCoBS) as a Constituent College of Sokoine University of Agriculture
(SUA) through the Declaration Order No. 22 of 2004.
The Institute of Continuing Co-operative Education (ICCE) is one of the seven academic units of the University. Other units are the Faculty of Co-operative and Community Development (FCCD), Faculty of Business and Information Sciences (FBIS), Directorate of Research and Postgraduate Studies (DRPS), Bureau of Consultancy Services (BCS), Directorate of Co-operative Library and Archives (DCLA) and Directorate of Undergraduate Studies (DUS).
1. Plan and implement effectively development undertakings.
2. Access requisite resources, knowledge and information
3. Be creative and innovative in their developmental undertakings.
4. Organize, utilize and manage resources effectively and efficiently.
5. Take initiatives when opportunities arise and;
6. Monitor and evaluate their initiatives.
1. Distance Learning,
2. Extension and Outreach Programmes and
3. Gender and Development.
ICCE boosts of its broad and rich experience, professional qualifications, facilitation expertise and participatory methodologies in discharging its functions. As such, the Institute incorporates all academic members of MoCU in discharging most of its main functions.