Students are either accommodated in the University halls of residence or find their own accommodation outside the campus. Students who are accommodated in hostels are obliged to pay accommodation fees at an authorised rate. All payments for on campus accommodation are made after one is officially registered as a bonafide student and allocated a room. On campus accommodation places are limited, therefore students who fail to secure one, are advised to arrange their accommodation in private hostels nearby. The list of private hostels and the contacts can be obtained at the Dean of Students' office (Students' Accommodation Department). It is the University's policy that students with physical disability, foreigners, first year undergraduate students who register first are served first. Accordingly, students are required to share a room and there is no provision for married students and nursing mothers. A limited number of rooms is well modified to accommodate students with special needs.